Monday, May 24, 2010

Night Before

Okay night before I leave for the airport, bags are packed and ready to go!!! Stupid airport regulations on how much your bag can weigh (50 pounds per bag) can drive a person mad. I think I made packing your suitcase a sport, I actually sweated trying to make these bags under fifty pounds. I can't believe how hard it is to actually achieve this desired weight for a stupid suitcase, after much packing, unpacking and re-packing, I finally reached my goal of being packed to go to the airport to start my adventure in the Netherlands.
My goal for this blog is to compare how we in America in the horse world function to how they function in Europe (mostly in the Netherlands), but also to add a personal touch to the blog by telling my experiences their with the people and how they function on a daily biases. While at the moment I am not quit sure where I will be living either in a Bed and Breakfast and later staying in a flat or an apartment the whole time but I do know for the first night or so I will be staying with Allan, the guy that has been so kind to let me come over to his farm and ride his horses and to show them!!!
But here is what I do know about my adventure coming up, the horse that I am leasing is named Sambo, he is a horse that Allan sold a couple of years ago as a Grand Prix horse, after being injured, he returned to Allan's amazing farm in Putten, Netherlands. After asking permission from USEF to show in the Netherlands and the Okay from the Dutch Federation, I am allowed to show in Holland but can only do a 1.30 meter classes, but still higher than anything I have done in the states! I do know that at some point there will be a boy from the west coast named Andrew joining me at Allan's farm, I have not meet Andrew or ever talked to him, so this should be interesting!!!!!!
So that is all for now, hope that people read this and will want to continue to read my blog!!!! Thanks Pookie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment